Call 1-800-508-6889 if you need help finding the right door hardware
We carry the entire LCN line and we have the largest inventory in the United States or you can click here to chat or click here to send us an email.
Dave Jabas, 41 Years Experience
LCN 4040SE Door Closer Aluminum
Quantity: In Stock
SKU: 4040SE ALUM
The LCN 4040SE is a heavy duty door closer that will be held open electronically until the current is disrupted. This device is designed for fire safety and should be used only on interior doors.
- Standard 4040SE series closer shipped with a standard arm, 24V or 120V (please specify) SE track, standard cover, and wood and machine screw pack. SEL tracks are optional, see 4040SE Series pages 20 & 21 for options.
- Non-sized cylinders for interior doors to 4'0".
- Hold-open force is adjustable.
- Momentary on/off switch board assembly for testing door release also provides over-voltage protection. Field replaceable.
- Functions as a full rack and pinion closer when hold-open is not engaged or current is interrupted.
- Closer mounts on either push or pull side of the door.
- Non-handed for mounting on either right or left hand door.
- Concealed or surface wiring.
- Interfaces with alarm systems. Consult factory for full details.
- Standard or optional custom powder coated finishes on cover and arm.
- Optional plated finishes.
- Butt Hinges should not exceed 5" (127 mm) in width.
- Swing Clear Hinges consult factory.
- Auxiliary Stop is recommended at hold-open point.
- Reveal should not exceed 1/8" (3 mm) for standard arm. Should not exceed 2 11/16" (68 mm) for double egress arm.
- Top Rail minimum 3 1/2" (89 mm).
- Installation with PLATE, 4040SE-18 requires SPECIAL TEMPLATE and 1 3/4" (44 mm) minimum top rail.
- Head Frame requires 2" (51 mm) minimum.
- Flush Ceiling with 2" (51 mm) head frame does not require special templating.
- Door Width 2'4" (711 mm) minimum for single door with SE. 4'8" (1422 mm) minimum for paired doors with SE.
- Clearance of 2 3/8" (60 mm) behind door required for 90� installation.